What's the best way to teach design skills? How do you connect theory with practice? Today our guest is Jarrod Drysdale — designer, writer, and author of multiple educational products. You'll learn what makes a good course, how to show-and-tell, and why it's difficult to capture the real-life design process on screen.
- Theory Sprints — Jarrod's new design course
- Getting Real — a book by 37signals
- The Tiny Designer — Jarrod's free email course
- Design's Iron Fist — Jarrod's free book
- Perfect Pricing (a series of guest posts): part one by Sacha Greif, part two by Jarrod Drysdale
- Cascade.io — Jarrod's design framework (discontinued)
- Restrict Content Pro, WP Complete — WordPress plugins for building courses
- Jarrod's website
- Follow Jarrod on Twitter: @studiofellow
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq Mockups. A Balsamiq customer recently called it “the only wireframing tool that doesn’t make me feel stupid.” Try it free for 30 days at balsamiq.com — you’ll be productive in no time!
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes.