In this weeks episode we are again lucky to be joined by Brian Moses, to continue our discussion on building your own home server. We start off by highlighting what ECC memory is and its’ value in a home server setup. Following this, we chat about looking into the second-hand market for hardware components - as an option to find a good deal. This leads us on to discuss overclocking hardware, threads vs. cores within a CPU and what Hyper-threading actually is. Finally, we mention some different NAS Operating System solutions and Brain’s foray into the world of Quadcopters.
- What is ECC Memory?
- Why I Chose Non-ECC RAM for my FreeNAS
- How to overclock your CPU - TechRadar
- Introduction to Overclocking your CPU, or Memory (RAM)
- How to overclock your graphics card - PC Gamer
- CPU Basics - Multiple CPUs, Cores, and Hyper-Threading Explained
- What is unRAID?
- What is ZFS?
- FreeNAS Storage Operating System
- NAS4Free - The Free Network Attached Storage Project
- OpenMediaVault - The open network attached storage solution
- XPEnology.me - New NAS Experience
- I Built a Quadcopter!
- My First Quadcopter Upgrade - Taranis X9D Plus